Thursday, April 26, 2012

Mix 'n' Match Robot Cookies!



What do you do when your little man is feeling crummy?

When I was small, a fever meant a coloring book and a 
brand new box of crayons with pointy points.

I always knew when I was REALLY sick 
because my mom would come home with the box of 64.





So the other day while on fever watch,
(Jack likes to keep us on our toes and spike 104 degree temps just for the heck of it)
I had a thought.

"Jack, if you could have any pet in the whole wide world, 
what would it be?"

"A robot"

Yup, that's what I thought.





I put down the 12th cup of yellow gatorade with a
 'new bendy straw please' and started doodling....

Jack was too miserable to color, but I thought this might make him smile.




Mix and Match Robot Cookies!!!







Four heads....











Four bodies....











Four sets of 'legs'...











Four sets of arms...












...and four sets of antennae!

Mustn't forget to accessorize!








 Funny how they took on their own personalities...



"Please don't make me drink any more of anything....

I'm full up to my eyeballs."










"Hey, Mom's busy with Jack....

where's the Snickers and soda?  Heh heh heh....."










"AAAAAAHHHHHH!

 This thermometer says 104.5.

This one says his temperature is 101.9!!!

Where's the calculator??!!

Where's the Motrin!!!???"











"Who needs a hug?"





All ready for Jack!!!!





"Hey Mom?!  What are these?"

"I made robots for you buddy!"





"Oh Cool!

Can I make him different?"

"Yup.  You can make them look like whatever you want."



"I like these arms"









"Is this one me?"









"Let's change his channel!"






(Here comes big brother.....)




"Cool Jack!  Can I try?!"










"I like the sneaky guy!"











"Uh...Ethan?"

"Yea Jack."

"Don't you have to leave for baseball now?"

"Oh shoot!!!!"










"Thanks, Mom"










"This was fun."









"Cocoa bear liked it too."









"I like this one best!

I used all the spare parts!"




Thanks for stopping by,

Lizy B

29 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I am glad that it perked Jack up for a bit. If my kids get sick, they will be wishing that I was as cool as you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that idea! So cute! And your boys are really cute too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so miss those days..the cookies are definitely what the Dr. ordered!

    ReplyDelete
  4. give hugs to Mr. Jack-tastic for me.

    The cookies could not be any cuter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet! You warmed my heart today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! So sweet! So clever! Stealing this one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh looks great! I'm glad you took a lot of pictures! I'm a new follower and to see some of your other cute ideas. Feel free to follow me back at http://iheartpears.blogspot.com/2012/04/bits-pieces-collection-from-bailey-baby.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lizy B: your cookies are AWESOME!!!! Such a fun idea to mix and match! I love your work and am thrilled that you linked up to The Mother Lode party over at I Gotta Create!! <3 Christina

    Featuring you on Facebook Friday and pinning!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These cookies are all kinds of awesome! You've got some serious skills, girl! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is the cutest idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think these are my new favorite "Lizy B" cookies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Seriously...how do you do it?? You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorable! Really, that's the cutest idea I've seen in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks so much for linking up to Creative Thursday this week. These are AMAZING! What a great idea to cheer up sick kiddo. Your boys are totally cute too :)

    I can't wait to see what you link up next week. Have a wonderful weekend.

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fantastic! Lizy, what a great idea. Finally, our kids can truly appreciate Mom's cookie obsession. I can't wait to do my own mixing and matching cookie style, thanks to Lizy B!

    ReplyDelete
  16. you are AWESOME! Thank you for linking up to the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop Happy weekend wishes! xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my gosh! He is the luckiest little sick boy out there! What an amazing Mom you are. My kids would have freaked if I did this (but I can't frost a cookie like that even if I worked all week on them!) Amazing!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my ...

    Wow ...

    ... hang with me for a minute while I pick myself up off the floor ...

    These are so incredibly amazingly adorably creative. Like shut the front door creative!

    I have to pin. I know mine would come out as blobs ... but the world of Pinterest is not complete without these rock star cookies!

    :)

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are so much fun! What a great mom your boys have. Seriously, amazing. :)
    Thanks for linking with What are little boys made of. I'm sharing this with on my Facebook page.

    ReplyDelete
  20. You have a way to make your cookies so pretty, they are a work of art! how special for him!! these are just amazing! thanks for sharing at Uncommon!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love your take on these! I made some of these a while back, and I really made it a lot harder than it had to be!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a great idea - so creative and would put a smile on anyone's face!
    http://missbbobochic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. These are so great! I love the mix and match. Gorgeous. Hope your little man is better. Fevers suck. :(

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is so creative! And so fun! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Honestly, these are the cutest things ever! I love that you can mix and match them. Thanks so much for sharing at Whimsy Wednesdays.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Lizzy!

    So sorry your little one is not feeling well... but this sure was a fun post for me! I loved looking at all the little bits and pieces of your mix and match robots. The story was so cute too...

    What a wonderful mother you are to make even a "sick day" special for the kids :)


    Thanks for sharing this at my party!

    xoxo Bunny Jean

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks for linking up @CountryMommaCooks link and great party....my little boy caught a glimpse of these and went nuts....I may have to attempt these for him. Although I'm sure they won't turn out as neat as yours...... Hope to see you again at tomorrows party:)

    ReplyDelete
  28. LOVE this! I think I feel a fever coming on...Can I have some robot cookies? :) SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I'm sure that took his mind off his discomfort and kept him busy a while. What a fun activity (and snack!)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments (yup...I read each and every one!!!), thanks for taking the time to type out your thoughts! They truly make my day!

Your questions are so much fun, and I try to answer them by emailing you back directly. Please make sure you are not a 'no-reply' blogger so I can reach you!

Thanks everyone!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...