Thursday, May 3, 2012

Happy Star Wars' Day!!!

Did you know that tomorrow is Star Wars' Day?

You did?

Oh...well I had no clue, which means I don't have 
any brand new creations up my sleeve for this very important holiday.

(Whoops)

Thanks to my little jedi,

I may have already thrown a star wars party or two....




I made this for Jack's birthday....

which birthday was it?







Right!  Thanks Jack.  

It was his 3rd birthday.

Star Wars wasn't scary yet.  The movies were his absolute favorite thing to watch.

Over and over and over and over.....










His older brother loved them too.

It was the first 'official' thing that they both loved and could play together.











This was actually one of the easiest cakes I've made.

I used 2 boxed cake mixes.
The bottom cake is 9 inches, the top is 6.

Both cakes are assembled on round cake boards that can be purchased at Michaels.

To stack the cakes,
I push regular drinking straws into the first layer (4 or 5) where the top cake will sit,
then cut them off with scissors so they are flush with the icing.

Plop the little cake on top, pipe some big blobs all around the seam and that's it!!!

The little pictures on the cake are table confetti sold with the stars wars party goods at Party City.
Some went on the cake, some were glued onto thank you notes.










Jack still says this was his favorite cake ever.











"No one's watching....I think I can steal a taste!"











I haven't made big tall birthday cakes for the boys in awhile.

The men in the family have been partial to ice cream cakes lately.

But for me, a birthday isn't a birthday unless your mom has
to pick you up to blow out the candles!!!






The best part.....you can totally use it to impress the little girls who come to your birthday party...





"How you doin'?"



Thanks for stopping by,

Lizy B

14 comments:

  1. Awesome cake! Jack is so cute, looks like he loved it!
    And I guess I'm going to have to come up with some star wars stuff for tomorrow, I had no idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cake is great. I just can't get over this new generation of Star Wars fans. I remember seeing it when it first came out...many many moons ago!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's looking WAY too happy to be hanging out with the girls! That's going to be real trouble in about 10 years! Oy! Your phone will never stop ringing! lol

    Oh, and the cake was so cute! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome! I love it.. I am so loving the smile on the birthday boy's face.. Your effort paid off. :) Thanks for linking up at friday fun party. Have a nice weekend

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice! and great job on the smooth icing coat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome cake! So glad that you shared. Thanks for helping make Things I've Done Thursday a success!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great cake, and such a cute little guy! Sounds like a great party, thanks for showing it off!

    Carlee
    www.ladybirdln.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. As soon as my own little guy gets home from school I'm going to show him the awesomeness that is these Star Wars cakes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it! May the fourth be with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute cake! I'm just in the process of planning a Star Wars party too. LOVE that last picture of your little guy - watch out ladies! :)
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cool cake! And I love those pics of the kids :) Thanks for sharing at my party! Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. that birthday cake is so cool x
    http://makeupbyelysa.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aww That's so cute! I hope that when I have children they will want a Star Wars party.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are so talented!!!! The cake looks awesome :).

    PS: I look forward to seeing you this week at Show Me What You Got Tuesday's at Our Delightful Home via: http://ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com/2012/05/live-show-me-what-you-got-linky-party.html

    Mrs. Delightful
    www.ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments (yup...I read each and every one!!!), thanks for taking the time to type out your thoughts! They truly make my day!

Your questions are so much fun, and I try to answer them by emailing you back directly. Please make sure you are not a 'no-reply' blogger so I can reach you!

Thanks everyone!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...